C-3. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS IN THE REPAIR PARTS LISTS AND SPECIAL TOOLS LIST
WORK PACKAGES (Continued).
DESCRIPTION AND USEABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (6)). This column includes the following
1. The federal item name, and when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
2. P/Ns of bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry to be manufactured or fabricated.
3. Hardness Critical Item (HCI). A support item that provides the equipment with special protection from
electromagnetic pulse (EMP) damage during a nuclear attack.
4. The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description column (6) for a given
figure in both the repair parts list and the special tools list work packages.
QTY (Column (7)). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or
an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column instead of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable
and quantity may change from application to application.
C-4. EXPLANATION OF CROSS-REFERENCE INDEXES WORK PACKAGES FORMAT AND
1. National Stock Number (NSN) Index Work Package.
STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN in National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN.
When using this column to locate an
item, ignore the first four digits of the
NSN. However the complete NSN
should be used when ordering items by stock number.
FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures
are in numerical order in the repair parts list and special tools list work packages.
ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
2. Part Number (P/N) Index Work Package. P/Ns in this index are listed in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (vertical arrangement of letter and number combinations which places the first letter or digit of
each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in
PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the P/N assigned to the item.
FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in the repair
parts list and special tools list work packages.
ITEM Column. The item number is the number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced
in the adjacent figure number column.