M1070 HET ARMOR KIT
18. Disconnect steering reservoir and brackets from firewall per TM 9-2320-360-2 and tie steering reservoir out
of the way. Do not disconnect steering reservoir hoses.
19. Disconnect heater core coolant hoses after firewall elbows per TM 9-2320-360-2. Retain heater core coolant
hoses for reinstallation.
20. Reverse connection of heater core coolant hose elbows (long end toward heater core, short end to pass
through right firewall armor panel).
21. Remove hood bumper (hood rest) and bracket per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain hood bumper and bracket for
22. Remove hood clamping catch and button press point per TM 9-2320-387-20-2. Retain hood clamping catch
and button press point for reinstallation.
23. Remove radiator / hood baffle per TM 9-2320-360-20-2.
24. Remove left and right cab steps per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain cab steps for reinstallation.
25. Remove spare tire per TM 9-2320-360-20-2.
26. Remove tire lift pulley and tire lift bracket per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain tire lift pulley and tire lift
bracket for reinstallation.
27. Remove cab vent windows per TM 9-2320-360-20-2.
28. Remove left and right grab handles per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain grab handles for reinstallation.
29. Remove rear cab grab handle per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain grab handle for reinstallation.
30. Remove driver and passenger seat belt retractors per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain seat belt retractors for
31. Remove driver's seat from seat support per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain seat for reinstallation.
32. Remove backseat seat back and seatback upper bracket per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain backseat seat back
and upper bracket fasteners for reinstallation.
33. Remove four rear seat seatbelts per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain for reinstallation.
34. Remove tool box per TM 9-2320-360-2. Relocate all contents to rear stowage box. Refer to Chapter 4 Final
Assembly, for new location of contents.
35. Remove stowage box per TM 9-2320-360-2. Retain stowage box for reinstallation.
36. Remove dog house cover access panel per TM 9-2320-360-20-2.
37. Remove dog house door access panel per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain doghouse door access panel for