M1070 HET ARMOR KIT
Section I. TEARDOWN PROCEDURES
a. Vehicle Teardown
1. Apply parking brake and chock vehicle wheels per TM 9-2320-360-10.
2. Raise and secure vehicle hood per TM 9-2320-360-10.
3. Disconnect battery ground cable per TM 9-2320-360-20-2.
4. Remove roof mounted ventilator assembly per TM 9-2320-360-20-2.
5. Remove side mirrors and mirror brackets from doors per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain mirrors and mirror
brackets for reinstallation.
6. Remove doors and hinges from cab per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Remove and retain (only) the vehicle
identification plate (P/N 1805190) from driver's side door, for future mounting in different location.
7. Disconnect cab front clearance lights connector and remove cab sun visor and clearance light assembly per
TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain cab sun visor and clearance light assembly for reinstallation.
8. Remove beacon light assembly per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain beacon light assembly for reinstallation.
9. Remove work lights from rear of cab per TM 9-2320-360-20-2.
10. Grind off work light mounting brackets from rear of cab (new bolt-on brackets are included in armor kit).
11. Remove windshield washer reservoir and mounting bracket per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Retain windshield
washer reservoir and mounting bracket for reinstallation.
12. Remove windshield wiper arms per TM 9-2320-360-20-2. Do not disconnect washer hoses from wiper arms.
Let wiper arms dangle from washer hose until reinstallation.
13. Remove windshield glass and seals per TM 9-2320-360-34-1.
14. Remove rear cab window and seal per TM 9-2320-360-34-1.
15. Remove air cleaner assembly per TM 9-2320-360-2. Retain air cleaner assembly for reinstallation.
16. Remove bolt from air cleaner hose strap on firewall per TM 9-2320-360-2.
17. Remove ether starting aid per TM 9-2320-360-2. Retain ether starting aid and fasteners for reinstallation.