WAR N I N G
· Always use caution when approaching a hot engine. Failure to do so may result in serious burns.
· Wear protective goggles and nonleather gloves when servicing A/C or injury may result.
(1) Turn engine switch to OFF position
(2) Remove two screws and doghouse
side A/C hose at A/C evaporator. Note
if A/C evaporator and A/C hose at A/C
evaporator are free from excessive
sweating and frost.
sweating and frost in Step 3 above,
replace A/C expansion valve
(6) Replace A/C receiver/dryer
(7) Evacuate and charge system
(8) Verify repair, go to Step 23 of this fault.
(1) Inspect A/C hose from system low side
(a) If A/C hose is not free from frost
and cool spots,
1 Turn engine switch to OFF
position (TM 9-2320-360-10).
3 Replace restricted A/C hose
4 Replace A/C receiver/dryer
5 Evacuate and charge system
6 Verify repair, go to Step 23 of
(b) If A/C hose is free from frost and
cool spots, go to Step 15 of this