WAR N I N G
· Always use caution when approaching a hot engine. Failure to do so may result in serious burns.
· Wear protective goggles and non leather gloves when servicing A/C or injury may result.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-360-10).
(2) Turn A/C control switch ON (high
(3) Allow system to run for 5 to 10 minutes.
NOTE: A cover may be placed over A/C
receiver/dryer sight glass during
manufacturing. Remove cover from sight
glass as required.
(4) Inspect A/C receiver/dryer sight glass.
(a) If A/C receiver/dryer sight glass
indicates desiccant breakdown or
oil in system,
1 Turn engine switch to OFF
position (TM 9-2320-360-10).
2 Perform leak test
4 Repair any leaks found.
CAUTION: Do not flush A/C receiver/dryer,
After flushing system, add required
refrigerant oil or damage to equipment may
6 Replace A/C receiver/dryer
7 Evacuate and charge system
8 Start engine
9 Turn A/C control switch ON
(high blower speed position)
10 Allow system to run for 5 to 10
11 Go to Step 4 of this fault.
(b) If A/C receiver/dryer sight glass
indicates system is free from
desiccant breakdown and oil, go to
Step 4 of this fault.