A/C KIT INSTALLATION - CONTINUED
FINAL COMPONENT ASSEMBLY - CONTINUED
Engine Cooling Fan, Spacer, and Radiator Installation.
N OT E
Use emery cloth to remove paint from spacer as required.
Remove old fan spacer from fan clutch assembly (TM 9-2360-360-20).
N OT E
· The fan spacer should fit snugly, but be easy to install.
· Use guide pin in fan clutch assembly and fan spacer to line up holes in fan spacer.
Install thicker fan spacer (1) on fan and fan clutch assembly (2).
Assemble fan spacer (1) and fan clutch assembly
(2) without screws to ensure proper fit.
Install lower radiator hose on water pump (TM 9-2320-360-20).
If removed, reinstall hood spring bracket (TM 9-2320-360-20).
WAR N I N G
Keep out from under radiator while supported by lifting device to prevent serious injury.
CAU T I ON
· Radiator weighs approximately 375 lbs. (170 kg). Use suitable lifting device to support radiator.
· Ensure radiator is not bumped during installation. Failure to follow this caution may cause damage to equip-
N OT E
Do not tighten radiator assembly mounting bolts until engine-cooling fan has been installed.
Position the radiator with aid of assistant (TM 9-2320-360-20).
Set radiator guide pins in radiator guide holes on frame of truck (TM 9-2320-360-20).