A/C KIT INSTALLATION - CONTINUED
FINAL COMPONENT ASSEMBLY - CONTINUED
N OT E
· Keep all disconnected A/C hoses, and ports on shutoff valves, compressor, condenser, and receiver/dryer clean
and capped during installation.
· The plastic elbows must be oriented with open end toward floor. A 3-inch piece of hose attaches elbow to evap-
orator drain fittings.
· A/C evaporator assembly will be shipped with A/C hoses attached and expansion valve installed.
· Cork tape is used on expansion valve only.
· The alternator access panel is removed to help route A/C lines through grommet on doghouse front engine
Remove alternator access panel from doghouse (TM 9-2320-360-20).
Place evaporator assembly on cab floor prior to position for installation.
If necessary, loosen three screws in rear of doghouse to allow access for evaporator to slide in.
Install two A/C hoses (1 and 2) attached to evaporator assembly (3), through 3-inch grommet (4) on doghouse
front engine access panel (5).