COMPRESSOR MOUNT INSTALLATION
1. Clean around and clean out the two boss holes on the front of the
engine. FIGURE 1
2. Install Compressor bracket with (2) M10 x 130mm bolt and
3. Torque down all mounting bolts to 35 ft-lbs.
M10 X 130
BOLT & NUT
1. Install compressor over compressor mount
bracket. Use M10x35 bolts and locking nuts on
the two upper pivot holes. FIGURE 2
2. Use M10x40mm bolt with a flat washer and
locking nut on the rear slide ear and an
M10x40mm bolt with a flat washer and the
compressor adjusting plate on the front slide ear.
(Note: a flat washer must cover both slide ears
and neither of the front mounting bolts can
contact the compressor pulley.) FIGURE 2
3. Tighten the bolts so the compressor can still
4. Install drive belt around the larger rear groove
fan pulley and the rear groove of the
5. Use a ½" breaker bar to tension the drive belt.
When proper tension is achieved torque the bolt
in the adjusting plate to 35ft-lbs. Proper belt
M10X40; FLAT WASHER;
tension for a new belt is 120 lbs.
6. Tighten all four compressor mounting bolts to 35 ft-
After AC system installation is complete and a minimum of 15 minutes of operation
check that all hardware is tight. Re-tension the belt to 90 lbs when cold and a minimum
of 50 lbs when hot.