Note; Steps 1 through 16 may be performed prior to armor
installation to ease Air Conditioner installation.
4. From underneath cab, push bulkhead fittings through 5/8
1. Locate RD-2-4662-0
(.625) and 7/8 (.875) holes drilled in step 1. Position fittings
template in RD-2-4619-0
so that hoses will route along cross member to receiver/
fittings kit. Position
drier on drivers' side of truck. Install and tighten jam nuts
template in rectangular
on inside of cab. See figure 3.
area of floor behind
5. Route #6 hose from bulkhead fitting to receiver/drier outlet.
passenger's seat with
Route #12 hose from bulkhead fitting toward receiver/drier,
arrow pointing forward.
then forward along drivers' side frame rail to compressor.
See figure 1. Drill one 7/8
6. Secure hoses under cab between bulkhead fittings and
(.875) inch hole, one 1 ¼
receiver/drier using nylon ties provided in RD-2-4620-0
(1.250) inch hole and
hose mount kit. Do not kink hoses. Avoid sharp edges,
one 5/8 (.625) inch hole. Be sure nothing will be damaged
hot surfaces and moving parts. Use nylon spiral wrap to
protect hoses where necessary.
2. Locate #6 and #12 hoses. Cut one 10 foot long piece of
#6 and #12 hose. Save remaining hoses. Tape closed
pieces of hose for use in step 17.
7. Locate #6, 45 degree male fitting in fitting kit. Lubricate
O-ring with mineral oil and loosely attach fitting to receiver
drier outlet. Adjust position of drier if necessary. Cut #6
hose (from bulkhead fitting) to length and connect to
fitting. Save remainder of hose for use in next step. Tighten
fitting. See figure 4
8. Locate #6, 90 degree female fitting in fitting kit. Lubricate
3. Locate #6 and #10/12, 90 degree male bulkhead fittings
fitting nipple and crimp onto remainder of hose from
in fitting kit. Remove jam nuts and save for reinstallation
on next step. Lubricate fitting nipples with mineral oil and
9. Locate #8, 90 degree female fitting in fitting kit. Lubricate
attach to remaining 17 foot long pieces of #6 and #12
fitting nipple and crimp onto #8 hose. Tape closed
hose. See figure 2 and facing page for hose crimping
RD-2-4663-0 (REV --)