Freightliner M915 / M916 -
Installation Manual P/N 0257550622-00
Crew Protection Kit
(Doc No.: II113500-1 D)
5.23 Kit Installation Completion
1. Loosen all bolts that were not previously treated with thread-locking compound. Apply
thread-locking compound, reinstall, and tighten. The door hinge fasteners, wheel zone
deflector fasteners, and windshield fasteners should have received the thread-locking
compound prior to this procedure.
2. Re-install the dome (overhead interior cab) lights in the locations provided in each roof-to-
side-panel overlaps. If necessary, the length of the wires may be extended by cutting
each wire and splicing in a 6" section or wire with crimp connectors.
3. Install the windshield visors to the front roof armor. Use two each 1/4" x 3/4"countersunk
screws (No. 15) for the outboard mounting of each visor. Use 2 each 1/4" x 3/4" button-
head screws for each inboard catch. Note: There are different versions of the visors, and
some may require the drilling of additional holes in the visor mount for installation.
4. Re-install the transmission shift selector support (shift tower) to the center floor armor
panel using the original attachment fasteners. Ensure that the electrical connector is
reconnected and tightened.
Note: For M915-A2 models, refer to Step 7.5 for Transmission Shift Tower installation
instructions. For M916-A1 models, refer to Step 7.6 for Transmission and Transfer Case
Shifter installation instructions.
5. Re-install the fire extinguisher and artic heater box to the center floor armor panel. Holes
6. Splice the electrical wires for the exterior mirrors on each door using the supplied crimp
connectors. Apply electrical tape over the spliced areas.
7. Trim the engine cowl (hood) to provide clearance around the cowl armor. The trim line
should allow at least 3/8" clearance between the edge of the cowl and the armor. Ensure
a generous radius as the cut line transitions from the longitudinal to lateral direction.
Hood trim must be done in a well-ventilated area. Use an appropriate respirator during this
operation. Failure to do so may result in personal injury.
8. Re-attach hood latches using original hardware.
9. Re-install windshield wipers using original hardware. Verify operation of the wipers over
the proper windshield surface. Adjust wiper orientation as necessary.
10. It is recommended that the windshield area be leak checked by pouring water over the
windshield area, particularly at the top around the interface between the cab and the
windshield surrounds. Observe the interior windshield area for water leakage.