Freightliner M915 / M916 -
Installation Manual P/N 0257550622-00
Crew Protection Kit
(Doc No.: II113500-1 D)
5.19 RH Door Accessories Assembly
5.19.1 Parts, Fasteners, Special Tools, and Materials
Find No. in
Bolt, HEX, NC
1/4" x 1/2"
Special Tools/ Materials
*Fasteners are supplied as part of 0257040002-00.
5.19.2 Installation Instructions
1. From the OEM door, remove the external door handle, the internal door handle with its
housing and linkage, and the interior lock button with linkage. These items are illustrated
in Figure 5-96. Remove the felt wiper strip from the top edge of the OEM door handle
2. Remove the interior cover from the armored door as shown in Figures 5-97.
3. Remove the external door handle adaptor plate from the armored door as shown in
4. Route the mirror wire under the internal door cover plate as shown in Figure 5-102. Secure
to the door with plastic clips (P/N 534000028-00) near the forward edge.
5. Assemble the OEM external door handle into the door handle adaptor plate as shown in
6. Connect linkages as illustrated in Figure 5-100. Operate the internal and external handles
as well as the lock button to ensure that all items function correctly. Close the door to
verify proper operation of the latch mechanism. Adjust the position of the latch and the
striker post as necessary.
7. Reinstall the components on the door as shown in Figures 5-101 and 5-102 using the
hardware removed from the armored door.