Freightliner M915 / M916 -
Installation Manual P/N 0257550622-00
Crew Protection Kit
(Doc No.: II113500-1 D)
5/16" x 1" NC
5/16" x 21 x 2.2
5/16" x 3/4" NC
Bolt, Button Head
1/4" x 3/4" NC
5/16" x 1-1/4" NC
Special Tools/ Materials
Do not scratch the Emergency Exit window. Only water and a soft cloth should be used
while cleaning the window.
5.11.2 Installation Instructions
Note: For M915-A2 models, the fasteners indicated by an "A" in Figure 5-58a will be used for
the installation of the Air Conditioner Hoses. The fasteners should not receive locking
compound at this time, and may be left out until used for the installation of the Air Conditioner
described in Manual RD-2-4617-0.
1. Attach rubber profile #028 to the edge of the frame #968 as shown in Figure 5-57.
2. Attach handle #106 to window panel #005.
3. Place the window panel #005 in position against the rear armor panels.
4. Set the frame #968 over the over the window panel and align with the corresponding holes
in the rear armor panels.
5. Install the fasteners as indicated in Figure 5-58a. Tighten all fasteners except the two
lower right-side bolts. These two bolts will be used at a later point to secure the
electronics panel to the back wall.
6. Check operation of the window panel. The panel must be free to move up or down with
reasonable force applied by one hand. If panel movement is difficult, check for faults and
correct as necessary. If required, the frame (#968) may be shimmed away from the rear
armor panels by placing washers between the frame and the rear armor panels at each
fastener location. If shims are applied, ensure that bolt thread engagement is not reduced
below full engagement with the nuts in the rear armor panels.
7. Raise the window panel #005 to the "closed" position and secure with pins, #993.
8. Install the ECM panel as shown in Figure 5-58b. This requires that two holes be match-
drilled through the aluminum back panel to the lower right mounting holes in the frame
Page 58 of 125