Freightliner M915 / M916 -
Installation Manual P/N 0257550622-00
Crew Protection Kit
(Doc No.: II113500-1 D)
5.1.3 Installation Instructions
Note: Parts are identified by their part number's last 3 digits
1) Remove clamp, part #978 from the cab support assembly by unscrewing the associated
2) Apply a small amount of grease on the upper side of the Rubber Bumper - part #179.
3) Relieve pressure from the truck air system. Once the air pressure has been bled,
disconnect the air line from the aft end of the air tank located under the driver's side of the
cab. Loosen the straps securing the air tank and slide the tank forward approximately 6 in.
4) Place the assembly between the Truck's Chassis and the Cabin Beam. The assembly
should be located immediately aft of the air tank, approximately 13 in. forward of the aft end
of the cabin floor stiffeners, parallel to the chassis. It is necessary to insert the assembly
between the cab and frame rails while the assembly is lying on its side (see Figure 5.3a)
and then rotate the assembly 90 deg about the long axis.
5) Insert part #624 between the top of the truck frame rail and the bottom of cab support
assembly, item #010. It is necessary to use a pry bar to lift item #010 enough for the spacer
#624 to be inserted.
6) Reattach part #978 so that it is clamped against the bottom surface of the top flange of the
frame rail. Apply thread-locking compound to the clamp bolts before assembly.
7) Tighten the clamp bolts to a Torque of 160 N-m (120 ft-lb).
8) Reposition the air tank to its original position. Tighten the tank straps and reconnect the air
line to the aft end of the tank.
Figure 5-3. Supplemental Cab Support Kit Installation
Rubber Bumper (#179) Removal / Installation.