NEW CABLE BREAK-IN
If a new cable was installed, it must be wrapped on the drum under tension using another
vehicle as a load source. The load source vehicle must have a driver at the controls, who
is in full control of the vehicle (brakes and steering) at all times. The winching vehicle and
the load source vehicle must be on level ground. The load source vehicle must be directly
behind the winching vehicle.
1. Position the load source vehicle.
2. Connect heavy-duty winch cable to load source vehicle.
All winching performed in this procedure must be with the engine of the winching vehicle at
low idle. Failure to do so could result in damage to equipment.
3. With the aid of an assistant, reel in heavy-duty winch cable (WP 0015), and keep cable suspended slightly above
4. Disconnect heavy-duty winch cable from the load source vehicle.
5. Repeat Steps (1) through (4) three times or until cable is tight to drum.
END OF TASK
2. Remove wheel chocks (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
END OF WORK PACKAGE