WINCH AIR LINES REPLACEMENT
Tools and Special Tools
Compound, Anti-Corrosion Spray (WP 0083, Table
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive (WP
1, Item 8)
Tags, Identification (WP 0083, Table 1, Item 30)
Goggles, Industrial (WP 0081, Table 2, Item 7)
Parts Manual (Fig. 8)
Cable Ties, Plastic (WP 0083, Table 1, Item 1)
Engine OFF (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
Wheels chocked (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
Air system drained (refer to TM 9-2320-315-14&P).
POLYURETHANE COATING (CARC)
· Eye and hearing protection must be worn at all times when using power tools for grinding,
cutting, sawing, and drilling. Failure to do so may result in injury to personnel. Chemical Agent
Resistant Coating (CARC) paint contains isocyanate which is highly irritating to skin and
respiratory system. High concentrations of isocyanate can produce symptoms of itching and
reddening of skin, a burning sensation in the throat and nose, and watering of the eyes. In
extreme concentrations, isocyanate can cause cough, shortness of breath, pain during
respiration, increased sputum production, and chest tightness. First aid for ingestion: do not
induce vomiting. Seek immediate medical attention. First aid for skin contact: remove
contaminated clothing. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. If symptoms persist, seek
medical attention. First aid for eye contact: flush with water for 15 minutes or until irritation
subsides. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. First aid for inhalation: move to fresh air.
If not breathing, provide artificial respiration. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention.
· The following precautions must be taken whenever using CARC paint:
· Protective equipment (gloves, goggles, ventilation mask) must be worn when using CARC paint.
· NEVER cut CARC-coated materials without high-efficiency, air-purifying respirators in use.
· DO NOT grind or sand painted equipment without high-efficiency, air-purifying respirators in