5. Drain air system (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
6. Disconnect pressure gauge and adapter.
7. Connect air line 2338 to winch hold down control valve.
Is air line 2865 and fittings free of leaks, crimps, and damage?
No - Replace damaged air line 2865 and fittings (refer to TM 9-2320-315-14&P).Test 7 - Does heavy-duty winch
cable hold down operate?
Yes - Replace pressure protection valve. (refer to TM 9-2320-315-14&P).Test 7 - Does heavy-duty winch cable
hold down operate?
TEST 4 - Is air pressure present on air line 2706 at heavy-duty winch clutch connector, when CABLE HOLD
DOWN control valve is in the DISENGAGED position?
If air lines are under pressure when they are disconnected, they can whip around. Use care
when loosening or disconnecting air line fittings. Failure to comply may result in injury or
death to personnel.
Wear proper eye protection when performing leakage tests or disconnecting air lines that
may be under pressure. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
Perform Steps (1) through (3) only if system air pressure is not between 100 and 120 psi
(690 and 827 kPa).
1. Start engine (refer to TM 9-2320-279-10).
2. Allow vehicle air pressure to build to 100 psi (690 kPa).