· Operator must always be stationed in driver's seat any time the tractor vehicle is in N (neutral)
with wheel chocks removed. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Operator should not leave cab of tractor vehicle during these procedures. Tractor vehicle will
have engine running, wheel chocks removed, and PARKING BRAKE control released
(disengaged) for extended periods of time. Failure to comply may result in damage to
· Always refer to semitrailer specific operator's manual (TM 5-2330-378-14&P) prior to
uncoupling. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
· This procedure is a two soldier task.
· Leave tractor vehicle running during procedure for heavy-duty winch operation.
1. Position tractor vehicle and semitrailer.
2. Set transmission range selector (1) to N (neutral).
Dashboard parking brake indicator will illuminate when PARKING BRAKE control is applied.
3. Pull out PARKING BRAKE control (2).
Payload must be positioned over rear axles before starting uncoupling procedures. Failure
to comply may result in damage to equipment.