Table 1. Lockout Requirements.
SEMITRAILER CENTER OF GRAVITY (CG)
BELOW 65 in. (165 cm)
ABOVE 65 in. (165 cm)
· Remove lockout assembly only if desired lockring position (HALF LOCK or FULL LOCK) is not
located to the inside (against the fifth wheel).
· Loosen and rotate lockring if NO LOCK position is desired, or if desired lockring position (HALF
LOCK or FULL LOCK) is located to the inside (against the fifth wheel).
· To remove lockout assembly, complete Step (2).
· To loosen and rotate lockout assembly, skip to Step (3).
· Both fifth wheel lockout assemblies are removed the same way (driver side shown).
2. Remove four screws (1), lockwashers (2), cover plate (3), and lockring (4) from fifth wheel (5).