CONNECT/DISCONNECT M870/M870A1 SEMITRAILER
CONNECT M870/M870A1 SEMITRAILER
· This procedure should be performed on level ground. Failure to comply may result in injury or
death to personnel.
· Operator must always be stationed in driver's seat any time the tractor vehicle is in N (neutral)
with wheel chocks removed. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Lockouts must be positioned as identified in Table 1. Failure to comply may result in damage
· Always refer to semitrailer specific operator's manual (TM 5-2330-378-14&P) prior to coupling.
Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
· This procedure is a two soldier task.
· Leave tractor vehicle running during procedure for heavy-duty winch operation.
· Tractor vehicle is equipped with fifth wheel to accept 3.5 in. (89 mm) kingpin.
· If fifth wheel lockout assemblies are not positioned correctly, complete Steps (1) through (3).
· If fifth wheel lockout assemblies are positioned correctly, skip to Step (4).
1. Refer to Table 1. to determine whether lockout assembly lockrings are in correct position.