v. Remove the windshield wipers and windshield halves.
THE WINDSHIELD GLASS CAN BREAK UNEXPECTEDLY DURING THE
REMOVAL / INSTALLATION PROCESS. PERSONNEL ARE REQUIRED TO
WEAR A FACE SHIELD, APRON, AND GLOVES.
1. Remove the nut (Item 7 in Figure 11) and lock washer (8) from the driver's-side
windshield wiper drive shaft.
2. Disconnect the hose (6) from the nipple (9) and then remove the driver's-side
windshield wiper and arm from the vehicle.
3. Remove the windshield weatherstripping locking strip from the center of the
weatherstripping on the driver's-side windshield half.
4. From the outside of the windshield, carefully fold the inside edge of the
weatherstripping out around the driver's-side windshield half.
5. With one person inside the vehicle pushing on the windshield half and one person
on the outside to steady the windshield half, remove the driver's-side windshield
6. Repeat Steps 15a through 15e to remove the passenger-side windshield wiper
and windshield half.