c. Remove the Male Dovetail and the Striker from the Door Frame of the Driver-Side and
1. Remove the two screws (Item 18 in Figure 4) that secure the Male Dovetail (19)
to the Door Frame (3), and then remove the Male Dovetail from the Door Frame.
2. Remove the nut (16) and remove the Striker (17).
Figure 4. Remove the Male Dovetail and the Striker from the Door Frame.
d. Remove the door-mounted Outside Mirrors from the Driver's-Side and Passenger-
1. Remove the six bolts, flat washers, and nuts that secure the mirror and frame to both
the Driver-Side and Passenger-Side Doors and remove the Outside Mirror from the
e. Remove the Towing Shackles.
1. Remove the cotter pins and retaining pins that attach the Towing Shackles to the
frame ends, and then remove the Towing Shackles.
f. Remove the Skid Plate from the lower front portion of the cab.
1. Remove nine screws (Item 1 in Figure 5) and nuts (2) from the Skid Plate.