9. Install four bolts (3/4 10 x 4.500 LG), eight flat washers (3/4 ID), and
four locknuts (3/4 10) through the matching bolt holes between the inside edge
(engine side) of the driver's-side Blast Deflector and the outside edge (driver's side)
of the Center Blast Deflector. Install the Shield, Mineblast (P/N 111458) using the
Radius Block (P/N 111493) (on later-model kits where it is supplied) ensuring that
the drop-down section is inboard and positioned over the Center Mineblast Shield
(P/N 106715) opening (see Figure 40). Hand-tighten the locknuts.
10. Torque the eight locknuts (3/4 10) to 280 ft-lb.
11. Torque the three locknuts (3/8 16) to 35 ft-lb, the three locknuts (3/4 10) on
the forward edge of the driver's-side Blast Deflector to 280 ft-lb, and the
eight bolts (1/2 13 x 1.500 LG) over the driver's-side rear fender support to
12. Torque the three locknuts (3/8 16) to 35 ft-lb, the three locknuts (3/4 10) on
the forward edge of the passenger-side Blast Deflector to 280 ft-lb, and the
eight bolts (1/2 13 x 1.500 LG) over the passenger-side rear fender support to
13. Spread the slot in the pitman arm (see Item 1 in Figure 41) and install one end of
the drag link (2) into the pitman arm.
14. Install the screw (3), lockwasher (4), and nut (5) through the pitman arm and
torque it to 70-80 ft-lb.
Ensure that adequate clearance exists between the draglink adjustment clamp and the Mine
Blast Shield (P/N 111458) through the full steering range. Rotate the clamp as necessary to
gain adequate clearance.