PARKING BRAKE CONTROL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (FRONT ONLY OF TWO-PIECE) - Continued
Two mechanics are required to remove control assembly (L) from tank, one mechanic inside
driver's compartment and one mechanic outside rear of tank.
1. Using pliers, remove cotter pin (A) pin (B)
securing clevis (C) to lever (D). Throw cotter pin
2. Using 9/16 inch socket and extension, remove
two screws (E), four washers (F), and bracket
(G) from bearing support bracket.
3. Using 9/16 inch wrench on nut (H) and
adjustable wrench remove clevis (C) and nut (H).
Throw nut (H) away.
4. Using a 15/16 inch wrench, remove nut (J),
lockwasher (K), and bracket (G).
5. Hold control assembly (L) at flats with an
adjustable wrench, using a 15/16 inch wrench,
remove lockwasher (M) and nut (N).