PARKING BRAKE CONTROL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (ONE-PIECE) - Continued
DO NOT ALLOW CONTROL ASSEMBLY (L) OR NEW CONTROL ASSEMBLY (P) TO TURN, AS
DAMAGE WILL OCCUR.
DO NOT HOLD SHAFT PORTION OF EITHER CONTROL ASSEMBLY WITH PLIERS/VISE GRIPS.
7. Attach adapter (Q) to shift lever of control assembly (L).
8. Thread end of adapter (Q) 1 inch on to control assembly.
9. Attach rear end of new control assembly (P) to
open end of adapter (Q). Make sure two control
assemblies (L and P) ends are joined securely.
10. Using 1/2 inch socket, remove screw (R),
washer (S), and clamp (T) that secure control
assembly (L) to hull wall.
11. Using screwdriver, remove clamp (T).