PARKING BRAKE CONTROL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (ONE-PIECE)- Continued
Two mechanics are required to remove/install control assembly from tank, one mechanic inside
driver's compartment and one mechanic outside rear of tank.
1. Using pliers, remove cotter pin (A) and pin (B)
securing clevis (C) to lever (D).
Throw cotter pin away.
2. Using 9/16 inch socket and extension, remove
two screws (E) four washers (F) from bracket
3. Using 9/16 inch wrench on nut (H) and
adjustable wrench remove clevis (C) and nut (H).
Throw nut away.
4. Using 15/16 inch wrench, remove nut (J),
5. Remove bracket (G) from control assembly.
6. Hold control assembly (L) at flats with an
adjustable wrench, using a 15/16 inch wrench,
remove lockwasher (M) and nut (N).