PARKING BRAKE PAWL ADJUSTMENT - Continued
20. In brake housing assembly (C), remove cotter pin (Q).
21. Remove 1-1/8 inch gage block from brake housing assembly (C).
22. Lift lever assembly (X) up enough to disengage the lever from the vertical flats on nut (Y). Turn nut (Y) on shaft
(K) until it just makes contact with lever assembly (X) when lever assembly is let fully down, and is in contact with
pawl (Z), and pawl is in contact with nonserrated portion of brake lever (AA). When properly adjusted, pawl (Z) will
be loosely touching top of brake lever (AA).
23. Using pry bar between housing and brake lever (AA), move brake lever (AA) until the first three teeth on the brake
lever (AA) are fully engaged with the three teeth on pawl (Z). Note distance between lever assembly (X) and
shoulder nut (Y): nut will clear lever assembly by 3/64 inch when proper adjustment has been made. If
measurement is not as stated, go back to step 22 and readjust.
24. Install cotter pin (Q) through hole in shaft (K).
MULTI-PIECE LEVER AND PAWL
WITH INTETLOCKING JAMNUT